Results 1 to 10 of 128

Thread: Bringing 828 cabs up to snuff...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Bringing 828 cabs up to snuff...


    alancohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2012
    Location
    Hunterdon Cty, NJ
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Bringing 828 cabs up to snuff...

    Also, as far as the port, I've read 6" is in the right range? But I don't have a 6" hole saw and prefer not to drop $45 on one.

    I do have a 4-1/4" hole saw, and I think 2 ports this size yield about the same area as a 6". But I don't have/can't find material to make 4-1/4" port tubes. I do have 2" thick-walled cardboard tubes. I think 9 2" holes would yield the same area.

    And hears an AK thread on upgrading the N801-8A crossover: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85192
    Last edited by alancohen; June 1st, 2013 at 08:46 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.